Thursday, January 29, 2009

You have to be strong within...theres no other way...

I have again and again realized how people, once they know of your weakness or circumstances, don’t hesitate to take advantage of you; manipulate you or even just throw it in your face at the drop of a hat. Even the best of friends who seemingly are doing good out of the goodness of their heart – I attribute your behavior to your family circumstances…a perfect example of that…any close friend of mine knows about my “family circumstances”…but to throw it in my face just like that is so below the belt…that’s when you realize how important it is to be strong within yourself…but me being me…it hurts me deeply…

The minute things are a little less perfect I see the cover of calmness and control slip and what I see reminds me of the state of Voldermort in the last Harry Potter book…a pitiful contraction of the usual stronger self…why it bothers me so much? I know the answer…because I end up keeping people on a pedestal and when you realize that they are after all mere mortals no different than yourself…the realization instead of heartening breaks you…now there’s again no ideal to look upto :(

1 comment:

Sujit Kumar Chakrabarti said...

Hm. That's also quite scary. No one can promise not to ever say to someone which is deeply hurting. After all, no one knows anyone else's deep hurts completely. And often while people end up hurting, it's more because they don't know that it's a sore point than because they know and are exploiting it. Well, I can't say anything about any specific example you may have from your experience. But I can say that in general that's the case.

It's a good realisation that people shouldn't be put on pedastal. It's unfair to them more than anyone else. It robs them of their natural right to be fallible. But, I would say, it's also important to understand that being fallible doesn't make anyone like everyone else. We all are with our faults, and yet we all are special in our own ways. It needs an astute eye, and more than that a lot of self-discipline and training, to keep one's eyes fixed on the specialities of friends and forgive the points which make them un-special.
But, I attach the disclaimer again: It's for a general case, not for any of the specific cases you may have in your mind.